Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Life in the Fast Lane

What is life in the fast lane?


When I typed this into google, wikiAnswers told me this: 

It means living racy, you know pushing the limits; making your life shorter and having it go fast. 

This made me laugh out loud. Yep, being sleep deprived definitely pushes my limit. My life is shorter, mainly b/c things are happening so fast around me that I don't realize how much time is actually passing until I pass out in bed. 


(Started blog @ 7:00 pm)


My life feels like The Fast and The Furious lately. 




My hats go off to full time stay at home moms. Seriously. It's a never ending job that by far is one of the hardest.


Don't get me wrong. I love being at home with the kids and spending some great quality time with them, but there are days like today when I have to take a shower in 4 minutes, go out of the house with semi wet hair and honestly cannot remember going to bathroom except for once. Then there was grocery shopping, bills to be paid, and children to be picked up. 
There was barely time to catch my breath. 


Being a mom. There's life in the fast lane. Period. 


I guess since I'm now the mom of 3, I seem to remember more often than not that "This too shall pass." I remember that I need to breathe in the moment even if the moment is literally a millisecond and even if the moment is stressful. 


I did manage to get a walking workout in and dinner on the table and even spent quality time with Jason during one of our "porch dates." 


Even when life is fast, busy, and shooting past us at a epic speed - even then we should savor the moments. 


Jace will never again be one month old. 
Avery will never again turn 5. 
Madison will never again always be so interested in talking to me. 


I know so many of my blogs seem to have the same theme lately, but I think we all need that daily reminder to savor the smallest things in life. 


No matter how stressful, those moments are the sweetest. 


(Finished blog @ 10:00) 

1 comment:

  1. So what if you possibly have your socks on inside out because you are either too tired, too rushed or at this point don't care. Hang in there, maternity leave ends soon right? :)

    ReplyDelete