In the past month, I've been reminded of lessons that I've learned in the past. Mostly from people from my past. A few of those encounters did a number on my mind and emotion. So much so that I have not been myself.
I've felt much like I was on a balance beam swaying back and forth and grasping at the air around me to find some sort of balance.
That's not who I am.
I am strong. I'm so strong that people typically don't have that power over me.
However, the recent turn of events were more extreme than I'd expected. I hadn't prepared for it.
There was a time in my life when I had to pull out every ounce of strength to get through to the other side. I had focus, I had strength, I had discipline, and I had the motivation.
Looking back, I realize I was way stronger than I ever saw myself.
The past month was difficult because I was allowing myself to be in that place of unbalance. I knew what it was and I knew what caused it. I also knew perfectly well that in order to get past it, I would have to sit with it for a time.
Slowly, I've brought myself back. Though, I'm still not satisfied that I've disciplined myself enough to forget the hurt I felt.
Another quick encounter where I caught another glimpse of the way I used to be treated has reminded me that I need to get past that hurt.
Getting past it allows me to move forward.
Getting past it allows me to pursue dreams.
Getting past it allows me to be a better wife/mom.
Getting past it allows me to be STRONGER than ever.
But...
but...
BUT .........
I cannot forget what it taught me for those lessons are worth more money than I could ever make.
Forgetting that is not something I can do, because forgetting those lessons will make me also forget.....
I am stronger than your words.
I am stronger than the power trip you're on.
I am stronger than the small person you'd like me to feel I am.
I am stronger and I am able to move past what you give me.
I am stronger than I even know.
We can all be strong enough when we have to be.
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."

No comments:
Post a Comment