Saturday, November 13, 2010

Gratitude: How's it going?

Just checking in on those of you following along with the extensive version of 365 Days of Gratitude. 


If you started with me, we are on Day 4. No problem if you didn't. I was just telling a friend that the great thing about everyone starting at a different time is that this activity never really ends and THAT is my goal. Spread the word, share the gratitude, see what happens. 


I'm so thrilled that in one week so many people have joined in a an activity that I thought might be too much for most. I see people sharing my blog site, sharing the FB group, tweeting, and exchanging gratitude. 


Bottom line: No matter what happens to you, what you're going through, how you feel about yourself or others, there is always SOMETHING to be grateful for. 


Just like learning to ride a bike, use a new computer or phone, or learning to walk or talk - practice, practice, practice. 


Most times our minds don't get the same practice that we got when we were younger. Teachers, parents, friends would challenge us or teach us and so we were always using our minds. If they weren't challenging us, we were probably challenging them. 


Then came adulthood, kids, jobs, chores, responsibilities, lack of sleep, health issues and so we get bogged down with that and our minds are on a continuous rotation thinking of all those same things day after day. 


I needed the challenge again. I needed to think outside of my regular box. I needed to see that even in my thirties all things are possible - anything can happen. I needed to be reminded that in the day to day routine, I have so much abundance in my life that is more than surface deep. 


So - how are you all doing? 
Did you get a journal to write down your gratitude and see them in black and white in your own writing? 
Are you learning how to stop and breathe? 
Are you writing down your questions, hopes, and dreams? 
Are you posting on FB, 365 Days FB group, or twitter? All of them? 
How many people are you influencing and have joined in this activity b/c of you? 
Are the days, challenges, and activities too long or are you finding you have 5 minutes to read, write, and be thankful? 


Post a quick comment, question, or thought. 


What a legacy that will be for us to leave with our loved ones, children and friends. 


"Because a thankful heart is a happy heart." 

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for challenging me to do this. I am enjoying it so much. I have needed to make time for myself for such a long time. I have let go of feeling guilty about taking time for ME!

    ReplyDelete