Sunday, January 2, 2011

Celebrate!

After taking a much needed break from work and the world, I'm back! 


I don't know about you, but it's always good to get away from the grind and take some time sleeping in, playing video games, going out whenever I want, getting dressed or not. 


And here's a little secret: I only put makeup on 3 days out of the 2 weeks I was on vacation. :) 


I took a hiatus from my 365 Days of Gratitude blog as well. It may be ironic, but I think taking breaks from some of our commitments is a huge step in learning to live simply. 
___________________________


Today as I listened to the church message I thought a lot about the topic: "celebration." 


Most holidays we are mindful of our blessings and of celebrating and do so in style. 


But then what? What happens after that post holiday euphoric letdown? 


This. Find something to celebrate everyday. 


I gotta feelin' that if you set your mind to celebrate something everyday, you will! 



____________________________


sleeping in
the smell of coffee in the morning
the sun shining through the window
the fire crackling in the fireplace
watching my girls play together
listening to baby J giggle at something simple
feeling a snuggie while watching a movie
reading the words of my girl after church
looking at my favorite lamp and how it lights the room
working out with Jason
laughing at 3 AM 
loving where I am in this life
the anxiety of starting something new
being still
the feeling and smell of homemade peppermint sugar scrub
being caught up on laundry, dishes or other chores
discovering a new workout
eating blackeyed, peas, cornbread, salad, and lamp chops for the New Year
learning that someone else joined 365 Days of Gratitude - to my surprise
Waking up knowing that it's a new day with new possibilities and challenges
_______________________________


Find ways to celebrate what's happening in your own life. It doesn't have to be a special occasion to make a cake, wear diamond earrings, or use the nice plates. 


Celebrate your moments! 2011 will be full of them even in times of struggle and despair, just open your eyes! 

1 comment:

  1. I love this. There was a while that I watched this video every morning to get my day started off right. Might need to start doing it again. It's a whole four minutes of my day that seems to have a great impact on the rest of the day. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete