Monday, April 20, 2009

Avery- ham Lincoln


Here's some fun news for this week: 

In preschool, both girls began studying about the presidents with focus on George Washington and Abraham Lincoln . Their teachers always taught them a cute little song about how parents these days don't dress like those crazy presidents did. 

So, a few weeks ago when the girls woke up we were watching Good Morning America. (yeah, i like ABC and so if they want to stay in my room they know they have to be game to watch it with me. Ok, so anyway . . .GMA was discussing something about the presidents. 

Avery looked at me and said "Remember that guy I colored at preschool?"

 I said "Which guy?!" 

 "Avery-ham Lincoln." 

"OH! You mean Abraham Lincoln!"

"No, mama! It's Avery-ham!" 

"Ok, Avery." :) 

My Avery-ham will turn 4 on the 24th (Friday). I cannot believe that 4 years ago I was in labor with her watching the Pope's funeral and discussing the Mavericks in the playoffs with my dr during post delivery. 

She was such a good, calm, baby. Well, most of the time. I remember that one night (ha - I'm sure there were many more) that I had only 2 hrs of sleep. I was sitting on the couch holding her, flipping through the TV channels, crying, just wanting someone to come rescue me. Or at least have them allow me an hour of uninterrupted sleep. 

As she grew into the preschooler she is now, I've learned so much about her personality and about myself as her mom. 

In traditional fashion, just as I have honored her being a year older before,  I'm honoring her with this blog today. 

 - She loves running. She runs everywhere. I even had to buy her NIKE shoes so that she would have less chance of falling. 

- She just learned to peel Clementine oranges. She thinks she sooo big. ;) 

- She hates for me to comb her hair in the mornings. Often she goes to the babysitter just as she woke up. 

- She is not afraid to say what she thinks - no matter who it is about or who is around. 

- She prefers Diego over Dora. 

- The kid lives on pasta and bologna. Seriously. 

- She loves music. Sings all the time. Makes up dances and shakes her "bootay" anytime she hears a song. 

- She has this knack for talking with accents. British accents are her specialty still. "Can I get the tangos (tangles) out of your hair?" 

- She likes to add "baby" behind everyone's name. Everyone. 

- She recently loves praying. She can pray a deep prayer that would put anyone in their place. "Mama, God always does what He says." 

- She can recite Madagascar 2 to you at the drop of a hat. She loves saying "I like 'em big, I like 'em chunky, I like 'em round." 

I once said that she was the funniest person I know and it still holds true to this day. She has such a big heart and bright eyes and such an outgoing personality when you get to know her. 
She has enriched my life in so many ways and I'm so thankful for her everyday! I'm so glad that I get to be her mama-baby. :)


Happy  4th Birthday, Avery-ham! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh this post so needed a picture!! Happy Birthday Avery!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete