Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thanking Tuesday

I've decided to be thankful for those things I'm not fond of head-on. Bring on the wind. Bring on Tuesdays. 

3:00  AM - wake to see J off
7:00 AM -Oops! I got up late. Maddie is already dressed and ready. Wow. 
7:15 AM - breakfast for me and girls; Avery gets up. Finally. 
7:30 AM - still working on my makeup and all of our bedheads
7:45 AM - out the door. Whew!
8:00 AM - must be ready to meet with elementary school principal regarding her laptop
9:00 AM - must be at the administration bldg for a technology meeting
11:45 AM - leave early for presentation at elementary. 
12:05 PM - realize that I'm way early for meeting. I jet off for a quick lunch. 
12:25 PM - back at elementary and present to the sweet kindergarteners. 
1:10 PM - leave fun, small children; en route to bigger, more sarcastic children at HS. 
1:20 PM - meet with co-worker; discuss weekend briefly
1:30 PM - bell rings; 13 broadcast students pile in and begin working on their projects
2:00 PM - realize my lesson plans are STILL late
2:30 PM - class almost over; vice principal surprise visit
2:45 PM - break free to make it to the elementary school once more for Tuesday Tech Training
3:00 PM - check on Madison and her friend. Homework is a must!
3:15 PM - give my teachers a wealth of information about technology, professional development and skype. 
3:45 PM - leave finally after individual questions. 
3:50 PM - Avery is dropped off by my BFF Kim. 
3:52 PM - time for the BOOKFAIR. At least I get to miss tonight's crowd. 
4:15 PM - time to run to the store
4:30 PM - one errand left, but it can WAIT. 
5:00 PM- Finally home. *sigh*

Was this day crazy? Maybe. Was it abundant? Maybe. 

On this Tuesday, I took time to breath, albeit in between stop lights and slow trash men, but breaths all the same.  I took time to acknowledge my gratitude for my job.  

The most impactful moment of my day? The second I found out the news that a former student was found dead in her bedroom early this morning. 

Stop. 

I'm breathing. Have a job. My girls. Our health. All that we truly need. 

Tuesdays are full of blessings, after all. 



2 comments:

  1. Oh girl... Dead?! Oh my.

    Ok, you are breathing. Take it all in... and continue to breath and love.

    I want to see you again. Let's plan something, with or without the girls, soon.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great blog...and at the end of the day you still have a lot ot be thankful for, that's great! I'm sorry to hear about your student...man, that's terrible!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete