Thursday, January 28, 2010

Relax? What's that?

Someone told me today that I haven't been blogging a lot lately and that they worry when I post a blog like my last (Regrets.) 


Honestly, when I write I don't think anyone really knows the source of what prompted the blog except me. Like anything else, we can read what we want to in pieces of writing. All in all I'm thankful for all the broken roads that have lead me to this exact spot. 


And while I'm being honest here, lately I've had a lot more on my mind than blogging. Imagine that! 


I didn't mean for life to get in the way of something I love, but recently it has anyway. 


My mind races all the time: How much longer until Jace arrives? What do I need to get now in order to be ready? Will I actually be able to handle life with three? 


Then, there's work. Since I'm going on maternity leave you can imagine how busy I am right now cramming all I can in the next 4 weeks. And since teachers actually get rewarded for spending time with me, I rarely have an hour of down time. I love my job, but there are days that I know I could do a better job if I wasn't carrying around an extra person. :) 


Truthfully, none of us should let life get in the way of relaxing, but we all do it. . . .


*bills
*work
*kids
*responsibilities
*worries
*caring for others
*volunteering
*cooking
*shopping
*cleaning


If we let them, theses things can take our joy away. 


"The time to relax is when you don't have time for it."  - Sydney J. Harris

I don't know about you, but relaxing brings me joy. 

If my mind is focused on any one thing, my heart and soul are not open to what my fingers could blog about. 


Tonight, I've taken time to RELAX. My body hurts, I'm going on 5 hrs of sleep, and there's always tons to do, but I decided it was a must. If I don't make relaxing and reconnecting with my soul a priority, no one else will. I'm a MUCH better mom, friend, wife, and employee when I take care of myself. 


Here are some things I enjoy doing to help me relax, many are things I did tonight: 


*burning essential lavender oil around the house
*turning the lights low
*lighting a fire
*snuggling with the girls before bed
*doing yoga and breathing deeply
*listening to soothing music
*listening to Jason play xbox (volume turned down)
*taking in each raindrop that hits the window


What about YOU? What do you like to do to relax your mind, take a break from your day or rejuvenate your soul?

No comments:

Post a Comment