Saturday, September 4, 2010

attitUde

Nope. That's not a typo. I meant to capitalize that "U."





A    C  D       H   I   J   K   L   M   N    P      T   U   V  W   X   Y   Z
1   2  3  4   5   6   7   8   9   10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20 21 22  23  24 25 26



A      1
T    20
T    20
I       9
T    20
U    21
D      4
E      5
________________________


I am a control freak. I like knowing where I'm suppose to be, when I'm suppose to be there, who'll be joining me. I like my laundry to be in it's place, whether that's in the dirty hamper, the laundry room or put away. I like my sink to be clean and sparkling each night before bed. I make everyone do a "sweep" through the house to pick up the clutter. If I'm leaving for the weekend, I clean before I go so I can come home to a nice, neat, clean, relaxing home. 


I like my car vacuumed with nothing extra inside. 


My desk at work can pretty much always be found neat. If anything is out of place, I can spot it. If my desk or office is in disarray, I cannot concentrate or focus. It drives me insane. 


Most of the time if we go out all of us are dressed more up than down. I'd never be caught in my sweats on with no makeup because I can pretty much guarantee no matter which town I go to, someone I've taught or taught with is there and knows me. 


Each morning the girls know exactly where to find their backpacks, folders, lunch, water bottles. 


Is my house perfect? No. Is the job I do perfect? No. Are my kids or husband perfect? No. 
Can I control my day? No. Can I control the behavior of others? No. Can I control how people see me? No. Can I control what people say about me? No. Nor can I control what they say to me. Can I control that it rains the day after my car wash? 


Someone once said that life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react. Amen! 


If you're in education, you may already know this. If you take the word ATTITUDE and add up the the letters' corresponding place in the alphabet (as I've show you above) it adds up to 100. 


When U don't have control anywhere else in your life, U have 100% control over your attitude. 


When those people wrong you, how is Ur attitude? 


When that person tries to send you a guilt trip, does Ur attitude pack it up and send it back to them? 


When that employer overlooks your hard work, what is Ur attitude saying? 


When you feel that everyone is against you, does Ur attitude play into those feelings or does it know that you can feel your way into any negative situation? 


When you come across that struggle in life, how does Ur attitude respond? 


When you feel God is not answering a prayer or hearing you at all, how is UR attitude towards Him? 


Ur attitude about something or someone goes a long way. People watch how you react or respond. They listen to your words, which is always a reflection of Ur attitude. 


Be in control of the one thing in your life that you can control. 


ATTITUDE
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Ok so I LOVE this blog entry!!! It is so scary how alike we are! and you are so 100% right that it is all about how we respond to bad situations! It can suck the life right out of us, but if we respond w/ the right attitude, it can truly make all the difference!! Thank you for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete