Monday, October 11, 2010

Girls Are Bootiful!






There is nothing quite like having a little girl. In my case, little girls


I'm not sure why, but it's such a huge responsibility holding that precious little bundle of love in your arms. I guess it could be because you know at some point you'll have to "give her away" to someone else, so it seems like your time with her is already limited. 


I will never forget the moment I found out I was having a girl. What would I do with one after growing up with brothers? I wasn't what you'd call a girly-girl either, so I was already anti-pink.
I was use to riding three wheelers, jet skiing and playing softball. I'm pretty sure I didn't play with a Barbie. Ever.  


It didn't take long for me to fit right into the role God intended. Before long I realized what a treasure it was to be able to have girls. Now, 10 years later, we are all extra girly and proud of it. We sparkle and shine with the best of them. 


Tonight as I was running the track in the moonlight, I saw a tall shadow in front of me. The figure had long legs, bouncy hair and began skipping along. I almost cried. 10 years ago she was this itty-bitty little thing and now here she is on the verge of pre-teen hood. I ran up to her, hugged her, told her I loved her and how proud I am of her. 


I also reminded her to always remember to be herself, to run her own race, and to remember that people that follow the crowd don't make an impact and that even when it's hard to do what she knows it best.  I reminded her that it's always the ones who think outside the box, are a little bit different than the others, the ones who steadily set their sights on a goal and aren't afraid to take risks that make the biggest differences in the world.  


I hope she remembers just 1/2 of what I tell her. 


So, in honor of all the sweet little girls out there and the fact that they do eventually grow up, my friend, Tiffany, is helping me do a giveaway! 


Here is the prize: 


Here is the way to enter: 


1. Be a follower of this blog
2. Visit Tiffany's website
3. Go follower her blog
4. Comment here your best piece of advice for the girl in your life - 20 words or less. 


We'll pick a winner Friday, October 15th and have your prize sent to you so you can enjoy this cute bow and a crochet headband for Halloween! 


**Thank you, Tiffany! Visit Tiffany's etsy site here


post signature

13 comments:

  1. Always remember to tell them that they are beautiful! As women, we know how our self-esteems can be hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Never, ever settle for 'good enough'. You are a beautiful gift from God and deserve only the best."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your blog and can relate even many years later. We have always been so very proud of you.
    Stay strong and your beauty will always shine.

    We love you very much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be kind to everyone. Everyone has feelings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the picture on her header of her website - So sweet.

    Following both blogs :)

    I would have to tell Emmersyn - "Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 3 daughters and I would tell them to always be True to themselves. Look at what you are doing and how you handling things but never forget where you come from, your values and beliefs for later on down the line these will hold you during tough times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Follow you both :) Love Tiff's site, hoping to help her redesign it
    As a mom of girls I always tell them that "just because only men have done the job doesn't mean that they can't do it too."

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow sunni08 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I follow Tiffany's blog sunni08 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do not give in to peer pressure! You will come out such a stronger person!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love yur blg by the way! I have 3 beautiful little girlos and something I have tried t already teach them and will remind them as they grow up is to be TRUE to themselves always, their values, beliefs and dreams. No matter what you go thru, what happens and how you react this will help keep you grounded and moving foward.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't be afraid to be bold about your faith and always treat people with love and kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can do anything you put your mind to...when someone says you "can't"...don't argue...just do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete