Thursday, October 21, 2010

He is my Thankful.





The past week has been as fast as a NASCAR race. My mind and body have been going so fast that I have not been able to stop and process much. On the one hand that is good, on the other, it is bad. 


I need an internal vacation. The good thing about that is that it costs nothing. The problem is that even for the next 7 days, I cannot see a break in site. My mind, body and soul desperately need it and need relief from the nonstop exhaustion. 


As I drove home tonight and finally pulled up in the driveway at 9 pm, I realized that I was having difficulty finding my thankful thought for today. But as I stepped into the house and found Jason home with dinner waiting, kids ready for bed and open arms to allow me to melt - I knew I'd "found my thankful."


It was him. :) 


I've been meaning to post a blog in his honor for a while. I don't typically blog about him or about our relationship. It is sacred to me and I protect it with everything I have. Put simply, he is the one. My best friend, the one that gets me, reads me, knows my motives, fears, dreams sometimes even before I do. 


The following song videos are our songs. The first one is a Matthew West song called I Do:


There must be a God, I believe its true.
Cause I can see His love, when I look at you.
And he must have a plan for this crazy life.
Because He brought you here and placed you by my side.

chorus:
And I have never been so sure of anything before,
Like I am in this momment here with you
Now for better or for worse are so much more than only words
And I pray everyday will be the proof
That I mean what I say when I say 'I do'
Yeah I mean what I Say when I say 'I do'

You see these hands you hold, will always hold you up
When the strength you have just aint strong enough
And what tomorrow brings, only time will tell
But I will stand by you in sickness and in health 





The second is a NKOTB song called Close To You. It was our song especially during the time in our relationship that was long distance. It described perfectly how we felt during the long weeks before seeing each other again. 


I know that it's hard (I know that it's hard)
To see me go (To see me go)
To see me standing so close to the door

I know it's hard when I'm far away
But I promise you when I get back,
I'll stay (I'll stay)...

Close to your hands, close to your legs
Close to the way your body fits on the bed
Close to your hips, close to your lips
Close to the only one I can't resist
Close to your laugh, close to words
Giving you everything I know you deserve
Close to you, baby, close to your world, close to you








There are times in your life when you just know that God put someone in your life in order to make you a better person, show you a love you've never known, and to remind you that you are deserving of it all. 


He is my thankful. Always.
xoxoxo 


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Perfect! I'll never forget Karly KNOWING Jason was a keeper after she met him. :) She could see his unconditional love for your girls. I could see the love you 2 had for each other. Love you!

    ReplyDelete