Today, I found myself sitting at the only red light in town with 3 minutes to get to the one HS class I teach that was about 4 miles on the other side of town. It seemed to last longer than ever. Typical.
But something happened while I was sitting at that light. I realized that God has His ways of making us stop and breathe. I was forced to take a much needed emotional breath. My day has been crazy. Avery went to preschool crying. Then, her teacher told me that she has had bouts of sporadical crying for the past month. (why she didn't feel the need to tell me, I have no idea)
And my job. I love my job, don't get me wrong. It's the best job I've ever had. (don't gag, it's the truth) However, some days are a bit overwhelming. Each hour I usually have appointments of some sort: with individual teachers, with classrooms of elementary students, with administrators or with a random person who catches me in the hall and has a technology "emergency."
2 days before Spring Break and all I can think is "Who cares about spring?" "GIVE ME THE BREAK!" I like to think that God has a sense of humor. Hence, the red light. :)
I'm tired of checking the time, the calendar, my schedule. For the next 9 days, I want to live life w/out being at someone's beck and call. I don't want to travel the entire time and find myself burnt out more than before. I desperately need to sleep late, sit outside with a cup of coffee, blog a bit more, write more of my book, color with the girls, and see where the day takes us. I wish that we all could be forced to take a "spring break." I think our society would benefit from the time off. Why does the break only happen during school/college? Someone seriously needs to study this and figure up the results.
Anyhoo. . . . it turns out that the red light also helped me in another way. 1 mile after I turned at said red light, I passed a nice police car. Whew! *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment