Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Climb

Every time I turn on the radio, it seems that Miley Cyrus is in my head.......

Her stardom reminds me so much of my own childhood with New Kids on the Block, Tiffany, Debbie Gibson, etc. . 

The girls love her and The Jonas Brothers. I should probably think about getting tickets for them. Wouldn't I be the cool mom for the year? (like that's my main goal in life. HA!)

So, I bought The Climb from iTunes and added it to the iPod for the girls to listen to in the car.


 

On my runs lately it seems that it continuously comes on and I can't help but listen. . . . 

I can almost see it
That dream I'm dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never reach it"

Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high

_________________________

Wow. This reminds me of the past year and a half. 

My faith was shaking. 

Never really thought I could reach any goal during such a difficult time. But I knew for the girls sake I couldn't give up. 

I had to keep going. 

Moving. 

_________________________

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Aint' about what's waitin on the other side
It's the climb
____________________

No matter what is going on in life, there will ALWAYS be another obstacle. Another goal.

No matter when we get to the "other side" there will always be another steep hill to climb. 

I will always want to move mountains. 

As much as I like to succeed at ALL things in my life, I have to accept that I will not ALWAYS win. 

___________________

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking

I may not know it
But these are the moments that 
I'm gonna remember most
Just gotta keep going

______________________

Things might push me down to the ground, but I will always land on my hands and knees and stand up strong again. 

The difficult times, the struggles, the joys behind those and because of those struggles ARE the things I will remember most. 

This is what life is about, really, isn't it? 

The climb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment