Ironic that this is the name of my post and I'm watching this movie? Life cracks me up sometimes. :)
So, as you know Jason and I have been married a little less than a month. I'm not sure that I ever truly experienced bliss with anyone before him. Sure, I thought I did with a, b, c, and d, but truthfully, what Jason and I share is really unexplainable.
- No, boys don't say mean things to us if they like/love us
- No, boys don't avoid us because we're "more successful" than they are
-No, he doesn't like us so much that he's waiting 4 days to call
-No, it's not because he's never had a serious relationship or b/c he's just getting over one
Why do we lie to each other? Obviously, if we're telling someone that, we are trying to comfort them and not make the truth so hard to take. Wow. It is what it is, ladies.
We need to be looking for those men that are into us as much as we are into them.
I'm definitely going to sit Madison and Avery down and add this to the list of things they must know as women.
-------------------------------------------
So, marital bliss.
Yeah, it really is. Though, it doesn't feel any different than before. And there are times when I find myself hesitating to tell anyone about it because I don't want to make them gag. My friend (I'll call her "Goose") explained it this way:
"Really going to miss my Joe next week. I know people say it's not healthy to be this attached, but I think those people are just miserable in their marriages. LOL!"
Goose and Joe have been married 4 years and are one of my favorite couples on earth. It's easy to see and feel the love they share. It is heart-warming to be that close to love.
Goose and Joe share something that Jason and I know all about.
I have never had so much fun with a person in my life. Jason makes me laugh all the time. And most of the stuff that makes us laugh, no one else would find worthy of even a smirk.
It is hard being away from him for even hours. It feels strange to not be close to him. For months were hours away from each other. We spent so much time talking on the phone at first, that you would faint. Although, this was really a great thing, because we were able to cut out the BS and really get to know each other. Of course we do spend time apart, but it doesn't mean that we both wish we could be doing everything together.
I feel more safe with him than anyone. Growing up, I sort of just began leaning on myself and not really relying on others. I didn't trust them. I knew I could trust me. With Jason, though I know that I'm safe. No matter what. Not just physically, emotionally, etc. I'm safe to not be perfect. I'm safe to be silly. I'm safe to be risky. Safe to say things I've never said to anyone else. I'm safe to learn new things. I'm safe to continue exploring who I am. I'm safe to not have all the answers. I'm safe to recognize my faults and fix them. I can be freaking out and take one look into his eyes and be as calm as ever.
No expectations. For the first time in my life, I decided from the start that I would NOT place any unreasonable expectations on our relationship. I don't mean the basic expectations of a relationship, but I'm talking about the ludicrous, absurd expectations that many of us put on another person. The weird thing is that not placing those unreasonable expectations on our relationship actually made us stronger. Who knew?
Like Me. I often say that Jason is the guy version of me. He loads his burgers with ketchup and mustard and dips his fries in the mustard. He likes driving around. He loves going out for coffee. He only likes going to movies that he knows he will like. He is a mult-tasker. He enjoys almost every music genre and knows the exact same songs I use to listen to while growing up. He references items in the same wording that I did when I was little. He's not afraid to take risks. He doesn't allow what people think to run his life. He's so much like me, that it floors me sometimes.
I often wondered if a guy like Jason existed. As a girl, I had this vision of the relationship I wanted. I wanted the puppy dog, first love, best friend, passionate kind of love all wrapped up in one. Don't we all?
But as time went by, that vision was restructured by every relationship I ever had. And somewhere along the way I lost the initial vision.
It took 32 years, but I've never been more sure of anything in my life.
He's definitely as into me as I am into him. ♥
What a great post!!! Yay for BLISS!!! :)
ReplyDelete